Monday, October 23, 2023

From the Journal of one Wigmar Heck, pt 62 (A princely wedding indeed)

 


10 Sommerzeit, 2500

Altdorf, Reikland

I was wed to Katarina Todbringer on the 30th of the month of Sigmar by Prelate Marius Sult in the Great Cathedral of Altdorf. 

Glory to the Sun. Glory to the Empire. Glory to my House.

As a special wedding gift, my claim to the Nordland throne was confirmed by each and every Elector.

While I had a chat with my fellow Electors before the wedding, and we got along marvelously, all of us, I had perhaps not imagined it would go this smoothly. There is a chance the Emperor may have prepared the ground, so to speak, but I like to think my actions and character contributed no small part.

The Holy Orders was informally established by what I'd like to call the Council of Princes. That being the Electors sans (that's Bretonnian, meaning without) the priests. Despite some reluctance on the part of our Eastern kin, especially Ostermark, I must say it went splendidly. With Verena and the Emperor as our patrons, we shall make this Komission an organization that obeys the law and seeks justice and truth, not bonfires and torture chambers. We'll have that as well, but only as a means to an end and final judgment, not to scare the peasants.

The Emperor gave each Prince a special coin, bearing his seal and the symbol of the Verenan truth-seekers, to give to our chosen representatives. These men and women will be the leaders of the Komission. I will give mine to Nastassia of Middenheim. The Emperor gave his coin to Liebe Mutter.

A special note regarding Sigmar's temple: I had a meeting with Sult prior to the wedding, which initially did not go very well. But later, when we met with the priest to go through our wedding vows, he declared Sigmar's full support for my claim to Nodland and the Komission. On the condition that no mention of this support for the Komission ever be made public.

I made some inquiries into this Sult character but learned very little. He's affiliated with the Silver Hammers - a group of militant Sigmarite witch hunters - but that's about everything I could learn. Is he more powerful than we know? Or is he just an errand boy? And why would the temple support me but not openly? Church politics? I need more contacts and informants in Altdorf.

We shall now go to Übersreik. I cannot wait to show my fair wife the Vorbergland and my - our - personal domains.

No comments:

Post a Comment