Wednesday, October 25, 2023

From the Journal of one Wigmar Heck, pt 67 (The Great Hospice)

 


Nachgeheim 13, 2500

Frederheim, Reikland

Taking a break in the peaceful village of Frederheim before going on to Middenheim.

Project "Bella" has been completed. Princess Isadora is with me, masquerading as a masked fire-wizard. 

In her place, some commoner I found in Altdorf a while back (and prepared for the role). 

A commoner that looks very much like the Princess (except for the injury). 

What are the odds? Very low, no? Surely, the will of the gods?

First, me and Kastor. Now she and Isadora. And do you know what the girl's name is? It's literally BELLA.

AND she was willing to play along, being poor and without family or prospects. It's... I just don't know.

Believe me, the girl was thoroughly screened. Nothing wrong with her. Just a girl.

Perhaps I am overthinking it.

Anyway. I've offered my patronage to the Hospice. A 1000 crowns a year, and some soldiers for protection. I guess there are things to spend money on. Katarina seems happy.

BUT it gets better: I met Alaric the Mad at the asylum. Yes, the master smith that forged the Runefangs and Ghal Maraz. He called me Sigmar, and... it is madness... I know no dwarf can live this long, but there was something about him that I cannot explain. I could not leave him behind - and he seemed happy to tag along.

I will get drunk now. DrunkER.

No comments:

Post a Comment